Fred C. Cox, Representing State House District 32 and running to represent the new House District 30
We need more consensus building and less compromise. If we focus on what we agree on, we can accomplish the most good.
The state budget bills for 2012 were passed with almost everyone from both parties voting for them. Can we send that cooperation to the US Congress?
I have no problem working with both parties. All four bills that I sponsored that passed the House in 2011 and 2012 were floor sponsored by a democrat senator.
I was the only member of the Legislature that sponsored a bipartisan congressional redistricting map, co-sponsored by a member of another party.
I don't look at bills as republican or democrat sponsored. I vote on bills based on what the bill says and would do, and I have spoken against bills and spoken for bills based on the bill not the sponsor or party.
• Utah State House of Representatives, District 32, January 2011 to present.
(Two General Legislative Sessions)
• Utah Republican State Central Committee 2011 to present.
• Utah Republican State Delegate 2002-2003, 2005-2011.
• Salt Lake County Republican House District 32 Chair, August 2010 to January 2011.
• ChamberWest Regional Chamber of Commerce Government Action Committee, Nov. 2010 to present
• AIA Utah, Government Affairs Committee, January 2008 to January 2011.